Dear Students, Families and Carers,
Following announcements made yesterday afternoon by the State Government regarding Term 4 arrangements for regional schools, please note the following key dates for the return to face to face learning:
- Monday 4th and Tuesday 5th October same arrangements as the end of last term. Only students undertaking Unit 3 & 4 VCE onsite and Final Year VCAL. Remote learning continues for all other year levels.
- GAT is going ahead on Tuesday 5th and remote learning for other subjects. All unit 3 & 4 subjects obviously won’t run on this day.
- From Wednesday 6th October all Year 11’s are back onsite. Unfortunately, at this stage this does not include Year 10 students studying a Unit 1 & 2 subject. Arrangements will be made for a blended delivery model between classroom and onsite. Teachers will liaise directly with students.
- From Monday 11th October all Year 7’s return to onsite learning.
- For two weeks, being weeks starting 11th and 18th October, Year 8 and 9 students only attend onsite Tuesday and Wednesday, whilst Year 10’s only do Thursday and Friday.
- From Tuesday 26th all students back onsite.
Please note, that prior to these return to onsite learning dates, remote learning programs will continue as they were last term and further correspondence will be sent to you all via Compass and email from Sub-School Leaders and our Teaching and Learning Specialists.
If you require support with devices, please contact the front office from Monday morning.
Provisions for onsite supervision for students not able to attend classes onsite remains the same and those wishing to attend will have to meet the specified criteria and complete the necessary paperwork prior to attending.
I fully appreciate the above arrangements are not ideal and we would all prefer to have students back onsite at once, however this return has been designed by the State Government to limit movement and avoid mass spreading events.
When students are onsite, please note they will be required to wear masks and follow Covid-safe protocols.
Jack Weston will be communicating directly with students, families and carers of students enrolled at the Devon North Campus in regards to arrangements there.
We will endeavour to communicate with you all as soon as possible when information is forthcoming.