Yarram Secondary College is proud to be an integral part of the Yarram community. We aim to provide a dynamic, caring, safe and varied learning environment where everyone feels that they belong and that they are able to achieve excellence.
We strive to provide a comprehensive education for all students, to instil in them a love of learning that will last their whole life and equip them to take their place in, and contribute to, society.
Yarram Secondary College is committed to:
- The achievement and maintenance of high academic standards.
- Excellence through the provision of a diverse, stimulating and challenging curriculum
- Maximising the potential of students.
- The development of student self discipline and independence.
- Encouraging the exhibition of leadership and good citizenship from students.
- Developing respect and cooperation amongst members groups of the school and local communities.
- The professional development and welfare of its staff.
- The provision of a safe, caring, tolerant and supportive environment.
The College is located on very large and well appointed grounds that include
- 2 hockey/soccer pitches
- 2 football ovals
- A large double court gymnasium with viewing area and mezzanine
- Vocational Education Skills Centre
- An adolescent playground
- 2 large outdoor classroom areas
- 2 flexible learning centres
- State of the art music equipment and recording studio
- New Art/Technology Wing
- 1:1 netbook program.
- New classroom furniture
- Smart Boards
- Senior Study Centre
- New Science Building
- Spacious general purpose classrooms