Semester 2 has turned out to be a quite a busy time for our SRC reps as they juggle their studies and other interests with their SRC duties!
The SRC has achieved a number of things in recent months:
- Holding a Mini Masterchef team competition at lunchtime with an individual competition in the pipeline
- Raising money for several charities including Casual Days for the Royal Children’s Hospital (Footy Colours Day) and State Schools Relief (Around the World theme) and supporting National Bandanna Day and Daffodil Day
- Re-opening of the lunchroom which has proved very popular!
- Petitioning to show support for a 2014 YSC Production
- The inclusion of School Planners on the booklist
- Advocating for a new shade sail over the canteen (which has made a huge difference)
Our SRC president Kristen Sellings has also been very busy with her role on the VicSRC committee, which sees her travelling down to Melbourne and other parts of the State regularly to attend meetings and advocate on behalf of students right across the State of Victoria.